A “Different” Michigan Golf Trip in 2021

We’re locked and loaded for our golf trip to Michigan! Last year we ended up cancelling our trip because of COVID-19. We just didn’t think that the experience was going to be right with all of the restrictions. And this year, after my breast cancer diagnosis, surgery and chemo, I didn’t think I’d be making the trip to Michigan with Tom (aka Julie, Prov1), Pete (aka Chewie, Volcano), and newbie to Michigan, Levi (need a nickname, but maybe Giggles or the Tank). American Airlines wasn’t terribly sympathetic and my flight redemption was going to expire, so I’m going. Only cleared to “chip and putt,” but Boyne is sympathetic and I’ll play what I play. 

Normally I’d be packed already. But this time, I’ve been slow and am only kind of packed. Suitcase did come out. I usually overpack, so this year I’m trying to under pack. And, yes, throw away underwear, socks and T-shirts are already pulled out (for those who haven’t read my blog, I buy new underwear and socks and bring the old – and leave them in Michigan. And those free T-shirts – one of them will stay in Michigan. This year, due to my lack of playtime, I’m not leaving any shoes or golf gear). 

Itinerary for 2021, Saturday, July 31 – Saturday, August 7. Away we go. 

Saturday, July 31 
Pick up Tom. Fly to Traverse City (TVC). Drive to Shanty Creek (Shanty Creek) and stay at Summit Village. Dinner on the patio. 

Sunday, August 1 
7 am: Shanty Creek: Cedar River (Wesikopf) 
11:50 am: Shanty Creek: The Legend (Palmer) 
Drive to Boyne Mountain (Boyne Resorts ): Stay at Disciples Ridge 

Monday, August 2 
8 am: Boyne Mountain: Alpine 
1:40 pm: Boyne Mountain: Monument 


Tuesday, August 3 
Breakfast at the Highlands 
8 am: Boyne Highlands: Ross 
1:30 pm: Moor – or afternoon off 

Wednesday, August 4 
Breakfast at the Highlands 
8 am: Boyne Highlands: Heather (look under the bench this year on 18!)


1:30 pm: Boyne Highlands: Arthur Hills 


Thursday, August 5: LIZ’S DAY!!! 
Breakfast at Sagamore 
8 am: Bay Harbor: Links/Quarry 
Lunch on the Deck 
2:10 pm: Bay Harbor: Preserve/Links 


Friday, August 6 
Breakfast at Sagamore 
8 am: Crooked Tree 
Afternoon: play the Moor

Saturday, August 7 
8:30 am: Bahle Farms (Bahle Farms Golf
Moomers for lunch/ice cream (Moomers) – I hope they have Black Raspberry ice cream 
4:13 pm: Head back to Dallas 




Yes, this itinerary is pretty similar year over year. But, once you go to Michigan on a golf trip, you’ll understand why we return year after year.

Comments

Popular Posts