Chemo Port Removal and the Joys of Tamoxifen

I haven’t blogged in a while. Not a bad thing since last year’s posts were all about breast cancer, surgeries, chemo. But, I reached a milestone on April 1: chemo port removal! “Installing” the chemo port required day surgery and was kind of a big deal since they knocked me out. But, removal was a breeze. In office, and they just numbed the area and in a few minutes, it was out. I didn’t even hear anything (I was worried that I’d hear a gurgling pull out of it, yuk). Now “all” I have left is taking Tamoxifen for five years, getting blood work every three months, and six-month checkups. And, of course the hair growth – slowly. But I still look like chemo. Who knew my hair could be so epic. Two weeks past chemo port removal and I was able to head to the golf course and try things out. Much better to swing without that annoying little port. About Tamoxifen: it’s giving me perpetual nose and eye runs, hot flashes and night sweats. The night sweats are the worse. So, I got dangerous on Google and discovered Magnesium Citrate pills (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KY6NH9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and Herbal Sage pills (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NTSF2HP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . I’ve only been taking them for a week, so don’t know if/when they’ll help. I’ll do about anything. If this doesn’t help, I may be investing in an oil diffuser and doing some “air therapy” in the bedroom. I feel like an old lady these days since I’m thinking of getting a pill organizer… This one on Amazon looks colorful: https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-iMedassist-Compartments-Supplements-Medication/dp/B07794YMY7/ref=sr_1_omk_6?crid=3DSQDXVDOXC3K&keywords=pill+organizer&qid=1650374203&sprefix=pill+organizer%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-6 Here’s to lessening the night sweats and getting my hair manageable.

Comments

Popular Posts