New cooktop


We finally have a new cooktop in our kitchen. If you'd ever seen what we've been using since I bought the house, you'd understand that this is a momentous occasion. The old one didn't heat "extremely" well, the burners were so crooked that everything cooked at a slant. The knobs weren't accurate (as I figured out one day while trying to boil water and after an hour, realized that high was actually low ... OK, I am a blonde, but I can boil water!).

Did some research online, looking for a white on white ceramic cooktop. Who wants to go shopping if you can avoid it. Before ordering, I called the store to see if they had it in stock. Of course, I'd want a special order item. So, I ordered it online for delivery at the nearby Lowe's.

Sometime during a presscheck break, Tony and I went and picked it up. The next day, Tony installed it. Came home from a presscheck and -- what a difference it makes! But, we have to read the instructions because it has all of these possibly neat things it can do.

I haven't cooked on it yet, but Tony has. He started with breakfast -- and burned everything. It's a lot hotter than the old one. Something to get used to.

And, of course, with a new cooktop, I had to then scrub the rest of the kitchen so that everything looks new. As I was cleaning the fridge (next replacement), I discovered that the rust spots came off. So, I have a much whiter fridge now. We also discovered that with a ceramic cooktop comes more new cleaning products. I bought one of each.
We also have new cookware from Christmas and donated my old to Tony's brother. All shiny and new.
Back to watching Iron Chef America!

Comments

Popular Posts