NIRI National

For 9 years, I've been going to NIRI National (NIRI stands for National Investor Relations Institute). First time, I went to sessions and laid low. The next year, knew some people and started really experiencing NIRI. The 3rd year, in San Francisco, after playing the Presidio (and winning long drive) I met Terri Hunter. It's been a party ever since. We met the Georgeson "boys" and it's been rocking ever since.

NIRI National is an annual conference that alternates between the East and West Coast. This year, Orlando.

I fly into Fort Myers on Friday and spend the night with Mom and Bill. Saturday morning, get up and drive to Orlando to play golf (what else is new?). Pull into the Grande Lakes and it gets started with a round at Falcon's Fire. Play with my "corporate sponsor" Jimmy Stewart from Southern Company. And Jason. And Roop. Reminds me of four years ago, hung over, playing with Terri, Dougie, Cory and Matt. Don't know how I made it through that round. This year, much better.

Saturday night, the adult beverages begin with the Chapter Awards Dinner. We're happy because we won a number of awards, including Best Large Chapter. Our DFW Chapter is amazing. Bob Pond, outgoing Presidents, has a few more celebration cocktails. Can you blame him?

Sunday, golf tournament -- playing with Jason, Ken (Aflac), Glenn (Southern Company). Should have done much better, but we couldn't make a short shot. My putter is on fire -- don't know how that happens. I'm not known for being a great putter. Read greens, yes. Put, no. Get all situated and then hang out by the pool. My life is tough. Sunday night is the Texas Hospitality Night party and Georgeson Bash.

Tuesday night, dinner with Craig and Rhonda from Enzon. It's nice to get off campus and this restaurant is small -- and good. We learned that Verts are like beans. Need to remember this place off of Restaurant Row in Fountains Plaza. Make sure you mess with the Sommelier (sp?)www.vinesgrille.com

Wednesday morning, get up and have breakfast with Jimmy and Beth, pack my bags and head to Fort Myers -- time to recover.

Comments

Popular Posts