Different Kind of Post - Thursday through Sunday - breast cancer

Thursday

Mom and Allison show up on Thursday – Al around noon, Mom around one. I’ve handed Tony my phone to answer any texts/calls. I just don’t want to deal with all of the communication – and most people know I don’t like to text and don’t like phone calls either for the most part. And just didn’t want to deal, if that makes sense. Tony was awesome! The weather was great – especially for Allison coming from Naperville – she was able to go out in shorts and a tee shirt for a run!

Sleeping on my back is NOT fun – I’m a side and stomach sleeper. Also, cannot get in an out of bed on my own. And, it HURTS. But, the meds all say 4-8 hours and I don’t want to get addicted and Tony and I opt for the 8 hours, not 4. Big mistake – they say manage the pain, don’t chase it. We were chasing.  



I think I had scrambled eggs and toast and yogurt and hot tea for breakfast (Tony is awesome). And then napped. Tony is still dealing with my phone, even though I think I went onto email and deleted a bunch of emails that I didn’t care about.

Mom and Allison hang out in the bedroom with me. Not much they can do except keep me company and let me listen to them catch up – and here about Allison’s run for Naperville City Council. And bring me flowers to show me that start arriving. Freeport, Tyler, Gareth. Pretty. Nice.


So, yes, Thursday pretty uneventful, but happy that everyone is here.

Friday

Friday, starts off similar. Hurts. Can’t get out of bed on my own. Not terribly hungry. And now, obsession over pooping is setting in. I’m not a poop talker in general – but have not pooped since Tuesday. And, have a stool softener and am talking Miralax packets I bought in advance. Tony does the drains and is now a pro – the one on the left isn’t filling up much. And the one on the right needs changing a couple of times a day – he measures it into these vials and logs them in. Nothing has really changed with the color – and doesn’t smell yucky – and I can actually look at the color and the bulbs!

Friday is pretty uneventful – until I get a text from Mike Martin – he and Lee Ann have food being delivered. Not sure what that means, but we’ll see. At 6 pm, Mike says it’s out front. Well, IT was Saint Rocco’s Italian, a restaurant in Trinity Groves. And, wow. Bologanese, Chicken Masala with couscous, Chicken Parmigan, Lasagna, Caprese salad, Other salad (with fennel, yum), Bread, Dessert. Salmon. WOW. Lots of food that basically fed us for two meals it was so plentiful. Wow, wow, wow (no pictures). Maybe this will help me poop in the morning (no, unfortunately).

Saturday

Again, no poop. Makes me sad. Allison is braiding my hair. But, decide to go for a walk to show mom the Bernie Sanders pinatas down the street (where I bought Allison’s Trump pinata a couple of years ago.). It’s only a couple of blocks and I’m supposed to walk – and nice to get out of the house for a little bit. We take it slowly (we all did forget our masks and Allison ran back to get them). I came home an napped after this walk – probably a little too much, but nice to get out with Al and Mom.

Tony has to run up to Sharkys to get his squares for Superbowl (hard to believe it’s Superbowl Sunday on Sunday!). I have Allison and Mom around in case I need anything. And, plenty of leftovers for dinner from Saint Roccos’s!

Sunday

Tony had to stop at Cox Farms for a couple of things on Saturday – but he’s not the one who usually goes to the store, so we still needed a few things. Allison and I go with Allison driving (no, I’m not allowed to anymore). Cox Farms is a cool little store, with produce, organic stuff, and more. Still not no poop, and there is a nice lady who shows us some options – some are really expensive and since I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday, we hold off on spending $40 on something and opt for prune juice mixed with Aloe Vera juice (guess prune juice is pretty thick – and needs to be cut with something – and the lady says that cranberry juice is not a good combo). And Aloe Vera juice – not in the juice aisle, also acts as a probiotic of some sort. Oh, we also got gelato for me – mango and raspberry. We keep getting sweets (and, don’t know if sweets are something people send post-surgery people – I am NOT a sweet person. Fruit, yes, chocolate, cakes, no – the chocolate dipped edibles from Susan and Mike were a big hit, and exception – fruit with chocolate!). And, the box of stuff from Al and Eileen had lots of English Muffins – I love English Muffins!!!









Jack and Amy come by for a few minutes on Sunday – bringing POT PIE!!!!! My favorite. Plus biscotti – great with coffee, pound/coffee cake, hermits (recipe below) and something else – and Hawaiain (sp) rolls. POT PIE!!!! With tarragon.

I really didn’t care about Superbowl Sunday. Chiefs, OK. Tampa – only reason I was OK with them is that I really l like the “big Gronk.” He makes me smile. And, I guess the commercials and the half time (Tony has made me watch some YouTube videos so that I knew that I knew who the Weekend was). Well, I didn’t make it up past half time. And wasn’t impressed with most of the commercials. Jason Alexander hoodie one was my favorite. The 3D doritos with Matthew M was “creepy.” I went to bed. We had appointments at 1030 am and 1130 am with Dr. Beale and Dr. Warren on Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts