Work from Home in Maryville, Tennessee

 Eastern Time kind of sucks when you set up your meetings for morning, and they don’t start ET until 10 am (9 am CT). But, what can I do except get up, drink coffee, see how many steps it is from the deck to the stop sign (Wii Fit will be snarky when I get back to Dallas, but oh well) – it’s 986 steps, BTW. I even found a ProVI on my walk (there is a golf course down the road https://www.lambertacresgc.com/ , that believe it or not, haven’t played – not cleared really to golf so didn’t bring clubs this trip).

From the Lambert website: Lambert Acres Golf Club is one of the most scenic courses in the area. A 27-hole golf course, Lambert Acres is nestled in the foothills of the breathtaking Great Smoky Mountains and has 9,525 yards of rolling hills with sloping grades throughout the entire layout. And, it looks inexpensive, but could take a big guess and say that they don’t have much in the way of rental golf clubs for me to rent.



Tony got up on Monday and out for a “famous Shell breakfast sandwich” and to break in the bike for the rest of our trip. Before my calls, he did call to let me know if we didn’t see him in a couple of hours that he may be out of gas – over near the Foothills Parkway where there isn’t much cell coverage. I didn’t think for my meetings about the road noise (lots of bike and car noise). May have to Zoom inside, not out. Darn. But, decided to risk it anyway (OK except for two things: (1) right during a meeting, the “entire” Fire department went by with sirens. Loud; (2) Tony came home from an adventure with his stereo blaring. Loud. (at least they can’t say that I wasn’t working because we were on a ride!).

The time zone change is great for morning people like me. I can get up and work and it doesn’t look nearly as early as if I was working in Dallas at the same time. But, it’s not great for waiting on meetings because I can’t seem to get people to want to have early meetings.

On Tuesday, finished up Zoom calls and work and Tony and I did the Foothills Parkway for a lunchbreak. I got to wear one of my new head “things” Tony got me from Harley (I never wore these, but now that my hair is super thin from chemo therapy, I am a bit self-conscious and hoping that they may protect what I have. I rarely taken lunch, but why not! And then got back and worked the rest of the day. Perfect.

On today’s ride, didn’t need maps and didn’t keep the phone out, but wish I could have captured:

·        

There is a little "ramp" that let us get the bike up next to the sign. I know, not wearing a helmet, but bike not running!



Two guys on the Foothills Parkway with a driver, hitting golf balls out to the Smoky Mountains

·         A guy with a trailer on his bike – and a SAINT BERNHARD! How cool would have been for us to have a trailer to haul Maggie, or Kat, or now Abby, along with us?

OK, I’m now going to just summarize the trip since I didn’t “live” blog. We did:

·         Foothills Parkway – new and old (and I finally got a picture of the bridge overhang)

If you zoom in on the photo, you can see the overhang.

·         Picnic on Little River Road (we picked up subs at Parton’s Deli in Gatlinburg – yes, Parton is “kin” to Dolly!)

That's Dolly's "kin" at Parton's Deli where we picked up a picnic lunch for Little River Road


·     




        Punkin Center and 129Hub (we have never stopped over these trips – we missed Ken Janke and his crew by about 15 minutes – damn!) and The Shed


At Punkin Center -- creative use of an old helmet that may have to try!





It's changed ownership and expecting great things: https://www.facebook.com/DragonCityTn and https://sojourn.rentals/dragon-city/? fbclid=IwAR3X7DQPqJs7I5_2AspD2bZewZZ501LPKdRMroidrz8eJglZ_EAeGN6jkas (mac n cheese was pretty good -- and their rooms look nice and redone)


·         Tail of the Dragon (Al took the Vette), Moonshiner 28 (some, but not all of it), Cherohala Skyway


Al & Eileen's Vette!



·         “Little Dragon” – Happy Valley. A road that runs around the old Foothills Parkway that we found last year. I’d map it for people, but it’s not completely on a map. We found this when we stayed at a Vrbo – Mike Crawford’s place – in the middle of nowhere last year!

·        













Pigeon Forge-ish ride (Tony started collecting poker chips and we needed to back track)

·         Trike test run for ice cream at Brewsters! Black raspberry for me and a sundae for Tony. The trike experience (Al’s recovering from surgery and can’t ride right now) was interesting. Best part is sitting at traffic lights!

We ended up leaving a couple of days early. It was a great trip, but the chemo effects just didn’t make it as much fun as other trips. But so nice to get away! And we pretty much avoided daily rain in Dallas (and surprisingly missed most on the drive back – how can that possibly happen???).



Me and Tony

Me and Tony
Sunset crossing over the Mississippi from Mississippi into Louisiana



Comments

Popular Posts