Day Nine: Headed back to Dallas, no more golf

As I am “not-live-blogging” this blog a week + from our trip (not the best thing for memories sake, but the pictures, albeit poor ones, help), I get a call from Tony. While I was gone, my newspapers (Wall Street Journal and Dallas Morning News) were delivered, but I recycled them instead of reading the old ones. He’s out in the alley, getting our pylons back from our neighbor, Tommy (they had a street birthday party on Saturday – with chickens and goats!), and the woman who goes through our trash and recycling bins is out there. “No Wall Street Journals?” she asked Tony. Seems that our recycle woman likes my newspapers! Guess she also knows that we drink Jim Beam and Bacardi.

Reading the Weekend WSJ today, there’s a great column by my fav, Jason Gay, about not liking having his picture taken, but needing one for his new book. I’m guilty – I’ve had the same profile picture for 15+ years. And, while trying to grow my hair back, post chemo, I STILL haven’t changed it. Chuckled over the column.

Jason Gay column on pictures.


One casualty on my trip: Living room remote (Amazon had a replacement).


Also, since I’m “not-live-blogging” – I got my bag and golf clubs on Saturday when I played at Woodbridge. Very disappointed that Levi and Pete couldn’t stop at Uranus Fudge Store in Missouri (https://www.uranusgeneralstore.com/) on their way back (it was closed at 7 am). I do see that it’s a chain with MO and IN locations. Watch the YouTube video (these guys clearly have a “schtick”): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRjs8CPffiV_ovZ-in-neg/featured

Reunited with my clubs.


We leave Judy’s (and Geno’s) house at 4:30 am to head to Midway for our flight. Not as much traffic in Chicago at this time of day. Security isn’t really that bad, but it’s busy. Our flight leaves close to on time. Land and Tony is out front waiting for us (he didn’t bring Abby because he was worried about her pooping in the car and/or being a monster when meeting Tom). We drop Tom off and head to Central Market down the street before heading home to the monster. Abby is happy to see me! I don’t have my bag to unpack so not much to do on Sunday.

252 holes of golf from Saturday to Saturday. I think I came home with more golf balls than I left home with. I did manage to leave my underwear, socks, a t-shirt, a pair of pink golf shoes – and my beloved pink sweater in Michigan.

I think that Levi still has Hidden River as #1, maybe Alpine #2, Bay Harbor #3. He doesn’t completely commit to his Top 5. But, he is talking about next year already! We all decided that we don’t need to go back to the pricey Harbor Shores again. We also think that everyone flying into Traverse City works. Maybe Grand Rapids if we want more driving and to add Pilgrim’s Run, Tullymore, St. Ives to the mix. Forest Dunes has gotten difficult to get on, and pricey. Arcadia is pricey. But, maybe squeeze one of them in next year. And, Bahle Farms (cherries!)? Treetops? Shanty Creek? UAW/Black Lake? So, so much great golf in Michigan.

No more Michigan golf until next year. Time to start my planning of our October Natchez Trace Parkway motorcycle trip. At least this year I don’t have to plan trips this year around cancer and chemo and surgeries! The fact that I played 14 rounds (almost) of golf was pretty good. More golf than I’ve probably played in two years. It’s been a good time. See you in 2023, Jerri Lee!

Comments

Popular Posts