Making money on a blog

Sitting here in the dark business center at the Baymont so that Tony can sleep (my typing isn't exactly sleep inducing since I learned how to type on a manual typewriter) waiting for 630 am so I can get a refill on my coffee. Contimplating all of the blogs out there. And all of the blogs that accept advertising. Do they really make money off of their blogs? Could I really make money off of my blog that has 1) quick writing, 2) "cr&&^py" quality photos mostly taken off of smart phones en route, 3) topics that only appeal to me and potentially a few others?

I know I watched Julie and Julia (or the other way around) about a woman who cooked all of Julia Child's French Laundry recipes and blogged each and every entry. And now she's famous.

Just my luck I'd end up getting some odd ball advertiser (you can probably insert one you can think of and it may be correct) and selling who knows what.

With that said, I think I'll hold off on advertisers for now. I can just imagine that if I did have advertisers, I'd be big time. Kinda like buying a lottery ticket and dreaming about how you'd spend that money.

Comments

Popular Posts