Different Kind of Post - Dr. Beale Appointment - BREAST CANCER

Again, no idea what this appointment with Dr. Evan Beale (7777 Forest Lane, Suite B116, Dallas, TX 75230 (https://www.drevanbeale.com/)) is for or will be. Tony can’t go. Everyone is super nice. He shows me fake boobs. He shows me this expander thing that he’ll be inserting during surgery to prepare for reconstruction later – I guess the expander gets filled with saline and inflates until then. He measures a lot. I’ve never had so much scrutiny over my boobs for years! He asks what size they are – “oh extremes” – you don’t want to have them this size with reconstruction do you? That’s a longer procedure. Hell NO! I want boobs that may help with my golf swing – maybe fix the slice. Guess he’s a golfer, but hasn’t been asked for swing helping boobs yet. And, says I don’t need to figure out what kind of new boobs I want yet – or that procedure. There is one that is a virtual tummy tuck – they take your belly fat and turn them into boobs. More invasive and longer recovery, but may be a good thing considering my age (50) – guess that once you’re over 50, you need to replace your boobs every 10-15 years, something I’d like to avoid. And, a tummy tuck would be nice! But, don’t need to know.

Tell more people: Tom, Pete, Eric at Woodbridge, golf buddies, some clients. Everyone is great – and telling me to “take care of me” and not worry about annual report season, or work. Just me.

And then I get a text about my appointment at Medical City Hospital Dallas – on February 2. I don’t have an appointment! (getting used to all of these random texts, calls, emails – I answer everything now, unfortunately). Call Dr. Warren’s office – they look it up and yes, they have scheduled my surgery for Tuesday, February 2 – but wasn’t supposed to get this text until after my follow up visit with Dr. Warren. Guess I’m in the system and surgery is scheduled.

NOTE: ALL OF THIS INFORMATION AND THE APPOINTMENTS ARE PRETTY OVERWHELMING. AT ONE POINT, I GUESS AROUND NOON I DECIDED I NEEDED A NAP -- I DON'T REMEMBER THIS -- AND THEN MISSED A COUPLE OF ZOOM CALLS AND CALLS. TONY ENDED UP CALLING ARLO AND SAID THAT I MUST HAVE GONE TO BED AND THEY DECIDED NOT TO WAKE ME UP. I WAS ASLEEP UNTIL ABOUT 5 PM!

Comments

Popular Posts