Dinner with Chris and Mitzi

After Spyglass, we had to hightail it back to Pebble so we could get ready and head to Carmel for dinner at Casanova's with Chris and Mitzi Wysocki. Chris and I have known each other since 1984 -- high school. I know I just gave away my age, but oh well. He and Mitzi live in Los Gatos -- he's been with Apple now for almost four years. I hadn't seen either of them since my sister's wedding and they said that they'd love to meet up with us for dinner in Carmel.

Carmel is a funky little town, with a lot of $$. I drove and we found a place to park. I have to tell this story because Tony won't let me live it down. I know how to parallel park. But, I'm used to my SUV, with no back to it. So, we find a place to park and I'm paralleling in. A little tap on the front bumper of a car -- a Ferrari -- a green one. But, no damage. that's what bumper's are for, right?

Casanova's is in a little house. Chris and Mitzi are already there. We have a great meal and conversation. The tapenade that they served us when we got there was awesome -- probably some olives, sundried tomatoes, garlic. We tell stories -- mainly me and Chris since we've known each other for over 20 years. Tony has trouble believing that you can be a jock and a geek and in the cool group. Doesn't seem to make sense -- but he didn't go to Brookfield High School in Connecticut, did he?

Dinner ends and we head back to the Lodge for our last night. We don't want to leave and are sad that our trip is almost over. We want to play Pebble again, but know we can't. But, there is a Par 3 course that is right there that we talk about playing in the morning.

We get back to our room and there are people talking on the 18th green. They have had a number of events - weddings -- that evening so it's pretty lively at the Lodge. The tree on the 18th is lit up and it's so tempting to go out there and want to practice putting at the end of the night. But, instead, Tony builds a big fire and smoke a cigar and talks about going out in the middle of the night and putting naked on the 18th green.

Comments

Popular Posts