Heading Home




It's morning and I'm sitting on the floor, Netbook on the floor, uploading photos from the trip onto Snapfish. And trying to get caught up on the Blogs about the trip. It's hard to recap the trip going backwards, since 12 rounds of golf is a lot of golf. And I'm not one of those who remembers what each hole on each course is like. I have a great memory, but these pretty much run together.

Deer at the Farmhouse. Tom saw 8. I saw 3. Pete saw the triplets yesterday. My golf bag is packed. My suitcase next to the car.

Working on the spreadsheets. Pretty much guessed it right on the expenses (what we do is collect money from everyone and then I pay for everything -- meals, snacks, club cleaning, golf balls, ice cream). Makes it easier than having to decide at each meal who owes what. And, it all pretty much evens out. Someone may have a bigger meal, but another may have one more icy cold beverage.

OK, spreadsheet completed. Dave and Tom are the overall winners, but only with a difference of $2 with Tom being the Grand Winner (no, you don't get another prize for that honor). I've fared better than I have in other years, but owe a bit of money to Dave. Pete, with the low handicap, is the big payer.

Breakfast at 7 am. On the road around 8 am. Head to the airport and back to Dallas. Getting in at 230 pm, the heat of the day. Not looking forward to it. But looking forward to getting home to Tony, Maggie, Kat. And no golf for a few days! And the jacuzzi to loosen my back. And maybe a massage. And a chiropractor. Hopefully with all of the mosquito bites that we don't contract Malaria, or West Nile, or some mosquito-related illness.

Stop at a Harley Davidson store on the way to the airport to get Milwaukee shirts (as opposed to the Museum shirts). Check in at the airport (no curbside check in and the poor man checking people in was about to have a fit -- he was really nice to me. Not so nice to Pete, with his overweight golf bag). We're lucky that we're all upgraded to First Class on our American Eagle flight (yes, they have added first class to some of the cabins). I'm still watching the first season of Lost and get through a couple more episodes. Matt and Max are picking me and Tom up at the airport.

So, we had a great time in Wisconsin and loved the courses and the hospitality (but not the mosquitos). Better than Michigan. No. But worth doing? Yes. According to Golf Magazine (September 2010), we just played 7 out of 15 of the best courses in Wisconsin (with Erin Hills being #35 of the Top Courses You Can Play). Not bad. Time to start thinking about next year.

Reminder to bring my Visa next time I come to Wisconsin. Because not many places accept American Express.

Comments

Popular Posts