Pinehurst - Continued

Monday morning, wake up, have breakfast, get a bit of work done (I still have a gripe with having to pay for High Speed Internet Service at an upscale place. Should be included). At 1250, we're set to tee off to play Pinehurst #2. Very excited and Pete has told me about all of the holes, even though I didn't completely tune him in.

I've been told to play from as far forward as possible. The greens are scary domed. But, I decide to play from the Greens, not the Reds. I want the full experience, not some girlie one. Our caddy is nice, but a bit on the "slow" side. Never quite where he's supposed to be if he doesn't want to get hit by a ball. Craig is a five time a year golfer, but he's not slow and he enjoys playing, even if not well. He's positive that he's going to lose a lot of balls -- despite Pete saying that it'll be really hard to lose balls. Craig did manage to lose some.

Pinehurst #2 is great. And not nearly as scary as I've been warned. On the fourth hole, Pete's Dad Chris Dickens tracks us down -- Pete described him as a big guy with a thick German accent. He was right! He had just finished his round and wanted to make the arrangements for Tuesday morning at Pinehurst #6. And then drove around with us for a couple of holes. On #5, he told us to hit it to the right. Of course, I hit it to the left and made bogey. I didn't say I was that skilled! Craig and I had a great round. The father and son we played with were fun, but not exciting. Pretty decent players.

This is all for a meeting, so at 700 pm, we all met down at the Ryder Cup bar and had cocktails and reviewed website designs. Life is hard, but you have to work somewhere! Dinner in the Carolina Room, with a heavy set waitress who has a wheeze like you couldn't believe when she laughs. Think part act, part her. We have a great dinner and then sit on the porch on the rocking chairs for more cocktails.

Morning comes and Craig and I head out to play #6 with Chris. We're paired with a former FBI member, who lives on the seventh hole. Have a great time. This is a Fazio course. Again, play from the Green tees, not the girlie ones. And have a really good round. Craig thinks it's funny that I outdrive all of them, all of the time.

Finish our round and sit by the pool and have lunch and margaritas. At 2, we need to head to the airport. It's a pretty easy drive back to Raleigh. I check in with Brian to see about my flight -- we've been having so much bad weather in Dallas, that I'm already predicting a delay. Yes, at least two hours. Oh well, I have an Admirals Club pass that Laura gave me.

Comments

Popular Posts