Pinehurst


This year seems to be the year of checking off some of the top golf courses to play before I die. Pebble Beach was in May. Right now, I'm sitting in my room at the Carolina Hotel at Pinehurst. We'll be teeing off at 1250 pm on Pinehurst #2 this afternoon. Pete's already regaled me in the horrors of the greens, so I hope I can putt.

Craig and I got in around 1100 am yesterday and made the drive from Raleigh to Pinehurst. Wish we could have made the time to go to the final round of the Women's US Open to watch Christie Kerr win her first major at Pineneedles (about 10 minutes away from Pinehurst). But, we had the spa awaiting. A Champions massage awaited. I'm not sure about the foot massage, but the hot rocks on my back sure did feel good. A cocktail before dinner and then a nice meal at the 1895 Grille, followed by cocktails on the rockers on the porch. A nice relaxing evening.

Pinehurst is nice, but not quite Pebble Beach accommodations. But, I'm not complaining because this is another dream. I just wish Tony was here to experience it with me.

Comments

Popular Posts