DISC Personality Profiles

While we were in Michigan playing tons of golf, Tom and I talked about DISC -- it's a personality profile that helps teams work together, new business pitches/client relationship become more effective. Jason and Frank were a bit skeptical about it.

I'm a definite D personality. Tom's an I. Jason we figure has to be a C. and Frank and S. Everyone is hardwired a particular way -- can't do anything about it, but you can work with your personality type to be more effective.

So, back at work, I pulled my DISC profile from last year and gave a copy to Shane -- thought he'd benefit from knowing how I tick. And then did some research online. The official DISC tests/workshops can be pretty expensive, so I found a free online version: http://www.mtselect.co.uk/testing/DISC.htm

Took it twice and it came out like when I took the official one. So you know my results.

D= Dominance (I scored 84 and 72 the two times I took it)
I = Influence (I scored 8 and 12)
S = Steadiness (I scored 4 and 8)
C = Compliance (I scored 4 and 8)

People who score in the High Range of D:
* enjoy competition and challenge
* are goal oriented and want to be recognized for their efforts
* aim high, want authority and are generally resourceful and adaptable
* are usually self-sufficient and individualistic
* may lose interest in projects once the challenge has gone and they tend to be impatient and dissatisfied with minor detail
* They are usually direct and positive with people, enjoying being the centre of attraction and may take it for granted that people will think highly of them. They may have a tendency to be rather critical of others. Consequently, other people may tend to see them as being rather domineering and overpowering.

Sound like me? If you look at what being in the low types of I, S and C, you'll see.

Low Range of I:
* are usually socially passive
* quite frequently have an affinity for things, machinery and equipment
* are generally happy working alone
* frequently have a tendency to be analytical and once they have sorted the facts out they communicate them in a straightforward direct way
* tend to take little at face value
* may well have learned and developed good social skills but they only bring them into play when logic dictates such tactics

Low Range of S:
* tend to enjoy change and variety in their work and non-work life
* are expansive by nature and tend not to like routine and repetitive work/activities
* enjoy stretching themselves intellectually and physically

Low Range of C:
* are independent and uninhibited
* resent rules and restrictions
* prefer to be measured by results and are always willing to try the untried
* free in thought, word and deed, they long for freedome and go to great lengths to achieve it. They feel that repetitive detail and routine works is best "delegated."

Still sound like me?

Comments

Popular Posts